Family And Friends of Mytchett Primary School Newsletter
28th September 2018
Now we are all back into the swing of school life, FFMPS thought it would be a good opportunity to give an update on the upcoming events and ways that you are able to continually help fundraise for our School, which in turn benefits all the children in School.
Tuesday 2nd October – Annual general meeting (AGM) / Cheese & Wine – 7pm in the Staffroom. This is an opportunity for you to get involved as little or much as you can. Are you able to attend just 3 meetings per year, including this meeting and become a committee member? Do you have any ideas for fund raising projects/events or any time to help? Please come along to this meeting and have your say.
Friday 5th October – Quiz Night – Come and test those brains or just come and have a bit of a giggle! It’s not serious in anyway, just for fun and there are cash prizes to be won! Doors open at 7pm, food to be served 7.15/7.30pm with the Quiz to start at 8pm. The menu has been sent out on Parent Mail and attached to this Newsletter and available from the office.
Friday 19th October – Spooky Disco – 5.30 – 7pm More details to follow after the AGM
Saturday 3rd November – Family Fireworks – Doors open 4.30pm More details to follow
Friday 14th December – Christmas Shopping Day & Father Christmas.
What you can do to help:
• Any time you can spare to help with setting up, or during an event or just staying behind and clearing up! Any help big or small is much appreciated.
• With the new Facebook updates, unless you keep checking FFMPS posts, they won’t appear high on your feed and you might miss vital information. Please check the FFMPS page to reconnect.
For those who haven’t signed up yet, FFMPS has got a Facebook page which we would love you to join:
• https://www.facebook.com/groups/812019902211940/requests/ this page is just for FFMPS matters, dates/events and is a closed group or via our website www.FFMPS.co.uk
• Just as a reminder, we always need your unwanted clothes for our Bag2school collection. You can donate any time and in any bag. The marked bins are at the back school gates. We raised over £300 for our 2 collections this year! So if you are having a summer clothes clear out, please bring in your unwanted bags. The bins are monitored and are emptied regularly.
• On the same topic, if you have any unwanted good quality school uniform, please hand it into the office and NOT in the bags2school bins. We have a “nearly new uniform” rack that we restock. After selling nearly new uniform at different events this year, we have raised over £170.00! If you do want to have a look through the “uniform rack”, let the office know and we can arrange a convenient time.
We are again applying for the Aviva Community Funding for i-pads for the children. We are going big this year and applying for the category of upto £10,000! Imagine how many i-pads we could buy our School if we won! More information about how to support and to VOTE if we get accepted shortly.
Hope to see you at the AGM and the Quiz night
Family and Friends of Mytchett Primary School
Please keep an eye out on the bulletin board at the back gates and in the dining hall for updates and events.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We accept the following ‘good quality’ items for RE-USE:
• Men’s, Ladies’ and Children’s clothing
• Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
• Scarves and ties
• Soft toys
• Household linen
• Bedding (bed sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers)
We DO NOT accept:
• Duvets and blankets
• Pillows and cushions
• Carpets, rugs and mats (including bath, shower and toilet mats)
• Soiled, painted, ripped or wet clothing
• School uniforms with and without logo
• Corporate clothing and workwear
• Textile off cuts, yarns or threaded material